Monday, November 1, 2010

Autumn Mix and Mummy Munch

Happy Belated Halloween!  Sorry for the late Halloween post, but Halloween weekend in a nutshell felt like a blink of an eye!    We attended a family Halloween party Saturday night and I brought these two snacks for them.  One was Autumn Mix (I got the recipe from my Pastor's wife) and Mummy Munch from Picky Palate.

Here is the Autumn Mix recipe:

4 Cups Honey Chex
1 cup peanuts
2 cups mini pretzels
1 cup cheereos
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbls Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1 cup candy corn

In a big bowl combine first 4 ingredients place on a greased cookie sheet, in a microwave melt peanut butter and butter, and then mix the remaining ingredients in into peanut butter/butter mixture.  Pour over cereal mixture and bake at 200 for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.


Mummy Munch:
4 Cups Honey Chex Cereal
16 oz package vanilla candy melts
1 Cup Candy Corn
1 Cup dry roasted peanuts
2 Cups mini pretzels

Place cereal, candy corn, peanuts and pretzels into a large bowl.  Mix to combine.  Melt vanilla candy melts according to package directions then pour into cereal mixture.  Gently stir until well coated then pour onto wax paper or foil lined baking sheet to dry.  Once dried, break up into pieces and serve!
This was a hit!

I was a Double Mint Twin for Halloween I hope your Halloween was great!





 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I will be trying both of these...the mummy munch in particular sounds fabulous!

    Happy Halloween! Now it's over for another year...and my decorations are still up...they're cute to look at though and make me feel warm and autumnal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! That mummy munch was a hit! :)

    I love Halloween...besides Christmas it's probably my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...