Friday, October 29, 2010

Ok...too much junk!


Happy Friday!  I do realize I have been posting a lot of junk food lately.  Probably too much.  What you should know is that I don't necessarily keep everything I make.  I like to give away the brownies, cookies, or pie as treats to family and friends.  If I don't get rid of it that way I bring whatever it is into work.  When you work in a big company there is always someone who wants to gobble up what you bring!  No matter what it is!

Well the other night we decided to have a nice dinner of chicken, rice, and green beans.  I decided I wanted to try something like shake n bake and found this recipe from TastyKitchen.com.

Homemade Shake N Bake.
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Flour
  • 2 Tablespoons Salt
  • 1 Tablespoon Celery Salt
  • 1 Tablespoon Pepper
  • 2 Tablespoons Dry Mustard
  • 4 Tablespoons Paprika
  • 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
  • 1 teaspoon Ginger
  • ½ teaspoons Thyme
  • ½ teaspoons Sweet Basil
  • ½ teaspoons Oregano
I did half of everything since this makes so much.  Blend or mix well then place in zip lock bag.  Line 13x9 baking dish with foil.  Cut fat off chicken, rinse, and shake and place in baking dish.  I baked the chicken at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.

There will be lots of "shake n bake" left over.  The recipe said you can freeze it and use it whenever.  So...that is what we are doing.

4 comments:

  1. Nice recipe. You have an award in my blog.
    http://epicureansdelight.blogspot.com/2010/10/sunshine-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessie,

    Do visit me when time permits...You have such lovely recipes...going to follow you dear...:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dr.Sameena! I will do that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...