I have a confession. I haven't been cooking lately. I have been feeling awful lately. The "morning sickness" is getting the best of me and I have been too exhausted to cook. I have been making the old stand by recipes that are easy and my husband knows how to make them too. However, I finally did cook supper last night!
This dish has been one of my family's favorites for years. My Aunt first made it when I was little. Her version had hot taco sauce and jalepenos in it, but this is my Mom's version. It's made with green chilies and mild taco sauce. You eat it like a dip with chips. It's such a great yummy comfort food!
Mexican Dish:
2 lbs hamburger (I used turkey)
2 bottles of taco sauce (which ever spiciness you prefer)
2 cans of chopped green chilies
1 can of chopped black olives
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
2 cups of mild cheddar cheese
2 cans of refried beans
2 cups of sour cream
Tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 350 and in a frying pan brown hamburger. Once hamburger is browned layer ingredients as follows: 1 can of refried beans, half of hamburger, 1 can of green chilies, 1 bottle of taco sauce, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, sprinkle with black olives, and repeat last layer. Bake for 35 minutes, bring out of oven and put your dollops of sour cream all over the top and sprinkle with black olives. Bake for 5-10 more minutes. Eat with chips! So very very yummy!
There is nothing I love more than the hottest Mexican food. I crave this dish now !
ReplyDeleteI know you can't go wrong with spicy stuff, cheese, and chips!
ReplyDeleteYUM - I love,love,love Mexican food. I think my family would enjoy this too!
ReplyDeleteTake care and feel better!
Susan www.ugogrrl.com