Monday, September 13, 2010

Football Night Pizzas

Last Thursday night our beloved Vikings played the first game of the season. To celebrate and watch I made homemade pizzas. Not just any homemade pizzas, but BBQ chicken pizza and buffalo chicken pizza.

Here is the dough recipe I use. It's actually my Mom's recipe she has used for years from her Betty Crocker Cookbook she got eons ago.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Ingredients:
1 package of dry yeast
1 cup of warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups flour

Dissolve yeast into water and then combing other ingredients. Mix and toss into pizza dough and then spread out on a lightly greased pizza pan. Score (with a fork make marks all over pizza) and bake for 5 minutes. Take dough out, add toppings, and then bake until cheese turns light brown.

I didn't have any BBQ sauce so I used a homemade recipe from my Father In Law.


Ingredients:
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 TBSP brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup tomato paste

Combine in bowl together. It was yummy!

The first pizza had BBQ sauce, onion, bacon bits, chicken, and mozzarella. Even Lukas dissected the pizza and at the cheese and chicken.


The second pizza had Buffalo sauce, onion, green pepper, red pepper flakes, chicken, bacon bits, and mozzarella.


They were yummo! Too bad our Vikings lost. We are missing some really important players, but I think the next few games will be all about getting the rhythm and we will be victorious! Why not...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...