Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Crock Pot Pizza Casserole

This is a very simple and fast recipe for either a weekend or a weeknight with some adjustments.

The recipe is for a crock pot, but you can make it in the oven too.  I made mine in the oven, but the recipe calls for the crock pot.  The crock pot version would be great for a pot luck or a football gathering!

In our case I needed to make supper and make in less than 3-4 hours.

I got this recipe from Hy-Vee's emailed recipes.

Here are the ingredients:
1 lb hamburger (I used turkey)
16 oz cooked linguine pasta
2 cans pizza sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese

Cook hamburger, and then layer either in a baking dish or crock pot.  Layer half noodles, half hamburger, 1 can sauce, and 1 cup mozzarella.  Then layer again with remaining ingredients.  Bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake another 7-10 minutes until it starts to brown on edges.  If using a crock pot layer the ingredients like above and cook on low for 3-4 hours mixing occasionally.

It was good and my little guy had 4 helping which was probably 1 serving for me!  Very friendly toddler food!

To make it even healthier use whole grain linguine noodles and make your own pizza sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...