Last week before we left for camping I decided to whip up some delicious and wholesome muffins to munch for breakfast while camping. I followed this recipe Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins from In Good Taste blog and they turned out pretty good too. I did do some extra substations. Here is the recipe I followed.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
2 large eggs
1 cup skim milk
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup of raspberries
Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl, and then cream eggs, milk, sugar, and applesauce then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Fold in berries and grease or line muffin tins with muffin cups and bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Super easy and good!
Note: I also melted a little butter and put some butter on top of the muffins and sprinkled sugar for some extra flavor!
No comments:
Post a Comment