We had one of my favorite casseroles the other night for dinner. I have been making this one for a few years and my husband really enjoys it. Lukas just started gobbling it up and I thought I would share it here!
I found this in the Wal-Mart cookbook I bought probably over 5 years ago. Their website isn't too bad either.
Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground Italian sausage (I used 1 lb turkey, 1 lb Italian sausage)
1 box (160z) elbow macaroni
1 green pepper (chopped)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can spaghetti sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown sausage and drain, while cooking sausage boil noodles then rinse and drain. Set sausage aside and combine noodles, soup, and chopped green pepper.
In a 9x13 casserole dish layer half noodle mixture, half spaghetti sauce, half sausage, and half cheese. Repeat layers. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake another 15 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before serving! Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment